Effective Change Management
Interested in Change Management for Lean Six Sigma Projects? Find out more by clicking on the button below.Find Out More
“I can honestly say this is the best course I’ve ever been on. I’ve used the tools more for change management within Skanska than any other course”
Steve Arkall, Business Process Quality Manager, Skanska UK
The Green Belt programme introduces the principles and basic tools of Change Management because Lean Six Sigma projects are Change projects – they change the way the process is currently performed and therefore change what the people working in and supporting the process do. The power of the DMAIC approach will overcome even problems which were previously thought to be beyond resolution but in many environments getting people to buy-in to the new way can be a considerable challenge. That slows down the delivery of the improvement and results in it not achieving its maximum potential. Sometimes it even fails.
The course will help enable you to be an effective manager of change and achieve the full potential of your project. When change management is done well, people feel engaged in the change process and work collectively towards a common objective, realising benefits and delivering results.
Who is this programme for?
All Change Agents, Lean Six Sigma Project Champions, Black Belts, Green Belts and Lean Six Sigma project team members, Lean Practitioners, Project Managers, CI Practitioners, Deployment Leaders
What will you learn?
Catalyst trainer Barbara Bird explains the content covered in our Change Management programme
This course provides you with a unique combination of change tools and skills targeted at Lean Six Sigma practitioners. The course teaches you to:
- Understand how change happens in organisations
- Understand the culture of your organisation and how you need to manage change within this context
- Understand your role as a change agent
- Understand your preferred styles and be able to use appropriate interpersonal skills to engage with, influence and help others to accept change
- Practice how to overcome resistance to change from others in a safe environment
- Lead change, facilitating and maximising the effectiveness of your project team
- Deploy a comprehensive Change Management toolkit which enables you to win commitment to your project in a format that seamlessly integrates with the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC approach
What are the key outcomes?
Outcomes for Your Business:
Delegates are equipped with the knowledge and fundamental skills to be an effective manager of change in their organisation and thereby maximise the effectiveness and financial returns of improvement projects.
Outcomes for Your Personal Development:
Following successful completion of this course, you will possess a comprehensive set of change management tools to enable you to effectively manage a Lean Six Sigma and other Change Projects and so contribute to career advancement opportunities.
“[the course] is of huge benefit to managers, senior managers and executives.
To those that think they have covered this before: go on the course and see 3 days of focused training…I recommend it”
Neil Watson, Senior Director, Quality & Business Assurance, Seagate Technologies
How can I take this course?
This programme is delivered typically over 3 days. We deliver it frequently in-house and every quarter in each of our open training venues (London, Birmingham, Edinburgh).
All classroom delegates receive:
- 12 months access to Catalyst’s online Business Improvement Zone – over 60 short videos recorded live in the classroom covering the entire Managing Change course content
- Printed and pdf copies of the course slides
- The book “Persuasion – the art of influencing people” by James Borg
- The Managing Change Pocket Guide
- Downloadable Change Management Tools and Templates