An energetic and highly experienced Trainer, Facilitator and Coach with strong communication skills. Mark has trained and coached over 1500 people in improvement methodologies (including DMAIC and DMADV), in several sectors and in numerous countries, helping to enhance their skills and improve their processes. With wide experience in Operational and Project/IT Change Management, Manufacturing and Engineering,
Mark has led effective Lean implementations and CI projects at strategic and operational levels in transactional, service, manufacturing & technical environments and in all functional and process areas of an organisation.
Mark was accredited as a Lean Sigma Black Belt (Distinction) while working for Markem-Imaje as their Global Process Improvement Manager. In this role he was responsible for leading Continuous Improvement for the corporation; working with senior management on developing CI strategies and planning, implementing and communicating cross-functional improvement, tools and Lean Sigma methodologies.
Mark joined Catalyst Consulting from the UK General Insurance arm of Aviva. As Training and Competency Development Lead, Mark was responsible for interventions to the business in support of Process Excellence. These included the ‘Aviva Project Leader’ development programme which facilitated delivery of 68 projects; with benefits totalling >£3M of cost saving and capacity creation and the Tactical Problem Solving programme which resulted in >150 projects and benefit of ≈ £1M.
During his time at Catalyst Mark has carried out an extensive and on-going engagement with major pensions provider Aegon – this included training their Process Excellence team, 14 waves of Green Belt and 6 waves of Champions/Sponsor training at a senior management level in a 12 month period.
“Mark has been and is helping our organisation to embrace LSS. He has fully trained over 60 people of all levels in the organisation to everyone’s satisfaction. Personally, I tend to get bored on training courses after 2-3 hours and Mark is the only trainer I met thus far who has kept me fully engaged and concentrated through all the many training days we had, with his incredibly quick mind, didactic skills and tons of relevant business examples. LSS expert, experienced, smart, funny and very social. Highly recommended to any organisation in any industry.”
Mark has a first class degree in Physics with Astrophysics and 27 years experience with organisations across Europe, North America and the Far East, together with more than nine years experience as a Pensions Trustee. He has also held management level responsibility in Laser Safety, Health & Safety and ISO9001 Quality Systems Management and recently attained the PMI Award in Pension Trusteeship
Recent client assignments include:
- Providing customised DMAIC and DMADV (Lean Six Sigma for Innovation and Design) training at Green Belt and higher levels for several major financial services organizations, in retail banking, insurance and payments processing. These engagements have included extensive coaching programmes to support project delivery and embed learning
- Lean-Six Sigma training for one of the UK’s largest supermarkets
- Designed and delivered training for Lean Six Sigma for Innovation and Design at a leading global port and terminal development group
- Leading an improvement opportunity discovery and business engagement project for a world leading defense technology company
- Lean-Six Sigma training for a major television broadcaster and production company
- Lean-Six Sigma training for an international manufacturer of engineered steam solutions for heating and process plants
- He is presently the lead consultant on a significant process design project for Tubelines/London Underground