Rita is a highly experienced international change management consultant, specialising in Business Excellence and Lean Six Sigma. She is fluent in English, French and German.
Enabling successful change, be it process, performance or culture, is Rita’s hallmark. Her career spans multi-national companies, from aerospace (Rolls-Royce), hi-tech (Hewlett Packard), automotive (Renault) to financial services (Egg), before joining Catalyst.
Rita’s extensive process management experience has seen her lead a variety of global improvement projects. For Hewlett-Packard she led a multi-national and cross-functional project team from the Facilities Management function to create common performance metrics, based on external industry benchmarks, and to enable the sharing of good practices, resulting in a modification of the function’s strategy and $0.5m savings.
At Egg France, capitalising on her language and cultural knowledge to win rapid buy-in from the newly acquired French workforce, Rita managed the design and testing of transactional processes to administrate a new product (credit card) within a challenging launch timetable.
Rita is an EFQM Business Excellence expert. She has assessed several UK and European Excellence Award companies, including BAE Systems and BMW, along with a number of public sector organisations to EFQM Levels of Excellence, such as Hull College, Derbyshire Probation Service and Southern Rail. She also assists organisations to prepare for their EFQM assessment. In addition, Rita is an EFQM Licensed Advisor.
As Business Excellence Director for Rolls-Royce, Rita designed a self-assessment tool based on the EFQM Model to develop the business improvement strategy for business units through facilitated leadership team workshops. The demand became so great that she then trained and coached a group of senior managers to facilitate self-assessment, thereby enhancing their leadership and business capabilities.
Rita is a member of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development) and CIOL (Chartered Institute of Linguists), with a degree in Modern Languages (French, German, Swedish).
Recent experience includes:
- Delivering Change Management courses, through open training as well as in-house programmes. She has tailored in-house training for a wide range of UK and European companies from pharmaceuticals, financial services, logistics, optical manufacturing to government organisations, indeed delivering these in English and French.
- Leading organisational assessments, tailored to client needs ranging from the automotive, sports to the hotel industry
- Customising and delivering Foundation Green Belt training for several clients including police, data management, energy and financial services organisations
- Customising a culture survey and managing its rollout for a logistics organisation
- Leading a human resources review and winning commitment to its key outcomes for a power generation company
- Assisting a cleaning services company with its application for EFQM Excellence
- Leading a benchmarking programme on process based organisations with EFQM Award winners