71% of executives
40% of middle management
3% of the rest of the workforce
It’s not too surprising then that so many strategies fail to be effectively deployed! What’s the position in your organisation? How well is the strategy understood by people? And is there a clear ‘True North’ that everyone is driving towards? Are the organisation’s business plans agreed using a catchball process, or are they simply imposed? Communication, buy-in and ownership are essential ingredients for success.If you’re serious about deploying your strategy you’ll also need drive. Focus, determination and energy are vital, but so too is the need for a systematic approach such as provided by Catalyst’s DRIVE model:
- In the Define phase, you’ve recognised where you want the organisation to be – its ‘True North’.
- The Review phase provides a reality check assessing the organisation’s capability to achieve the change needed.
- There are three parts to the Improve phase that look to prepare for the journey, shape and scope what needs to be done, and then implement the agreed actions and projects.
- In Verify you are monitoring progress and performance against plan ensuring that you are on track.
- And in Establish you ensure the gains made are held as you seek to embed the new ways of working into the organisation’s DNA.
We can help you develop and action the deployment plan needed.
See how Johnson Controls used Strategy Deployment to maintain their leadership in building technologies and services.
If you would like to find out more detail about this model and our approach, take a look at ‘Lean Six Sigma Business Transformation For Dummies’ written by some of our team, or contact Catalyst by phone or email.