Chris Merriman is a senior business leader and consultant with broad and international experience of transforming profitability in both the manufacturing and service sectors. He is passionate about helping organisations drive sustainable performance improvement and achieve their strategic objectives by applying both his deep technical skills in Lean and Six Sigma and his change management, leadership coaching, and principle-based organisational culture change expertise. Chris has led Six Sigma Lean deployments at Honeywell, Sun Microsystems and Unisys and has also held leadership positions in Manufacturing Management, Supplier Development, and as Global Director for Quality and Customer Experience.
Chris is a motivational leader, coach, trainer, facilitator and consultant. His engagement style is to ensure knowledge transfer as well as a results focus in order to increase organisational capability in team-based problem solving, people engagement and continuous improvement, accelerating their journeys to Operational Excellence. Chris is a graduate from Cambridge University, a Chartered Engineer, a Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, a Certified Lean Master Black Belt and a Certified Shingo Facilitator.
Recent client assignments include:
- Developing, leading and delivering a Leadership Development programme for Jaguar Land Rover Powertrain including 5 Operational Excellence Workshops and 2 study tours for 80 Executives
- Delivering 4 Shingo Workshops and 2 Operational Excellence cultural assessments with Abbott Nutrition Europe in 2016 leading to development of improvement roadmaps with the respective leadership teams. The Sligo site has now been awarded the coveted Shingo Prize in October 2017.
- Consulting and coaching support to The O’Brien Group including 3 Operational Excellence Assessments (3 different facilities) and 25 days consulting support (2016-present) driving sustainable improvements in operations through Lean Six Sigma
- Consulting project for The Growth Company; led a team investigating core processes and the operating model. Developed multi-recommendations, a future-state operating model and implementation roadmap with business case. (2017)
- Consulting, Leadership Development and Lean Practitioner Training at Coveris (food packaging), supporting them on their journey to Operational Excellence and submission for Shingo recognition
Consulting, coaching and Lean/Lean-Six Sigma and Operational Excellence training for a large range of organisations: Arla Foods, Dynex Semiconductors, Baxter Healthcare, Brunel Healthcare, Telefonica, BAE Systems, Saica Packaging, Otter Controls, Ipsen, AB Agri, Biogen