David is a world class Lean exponent with a Master Black Belt in Six Sigma methodology.
He has 20 years’ experience at Managing Director level with GKN, Avon, McKechnie and was a Senior member of the Special Operations division of Williams Holdings responsible for post-acquisition turnarounds.
Developing and honing his Lean Six Sigma knowledge and skills over 25 years within the Automotive, Aerospace and Security sectors and more recently in a consulting role covering financial and other service industries, David has the ability to lead and guide complex international business improvements. Able to gain trust and respect quickly from all levels in an organisation, he can effect real and lasting change and provide expert coaching to transfer those skills to the organisation.
His areas of specialisation cover Lean transformation, strategy deployment, end to end process streamlining, daily management practices and behaviours, and Lean management coaching.
David obtained his PhD in Mechanical Engineering and holds an MBA.
Recent experience include
- Led a Lean Six Sigma based business excellence programme for a workplace services company operating in healthcare, utility and public/government.
- Global Lean coach for a FSTE 100 Oil and Gas company, deploying Lean Sigma through training, coaching and developing systems and procedures for a complex, global operation.
- Implemented Lean practises at an international financial shared services department of over 300 personnel in Seoul South Korea, dramatically reducing lead times for the Accounts Closing, Vendor Payment and Reconciliation processes.
- Applied Lean principles to a global aerospace supply chain organisation, rationalising suppliers and supply chain processes, delivering the targeted improvement of the KPI from 65% to 98% and reducing purchase costs by 7%.
- Co-led a Lean Strategy Deployment roll-out for a building management company headquartered in Brussels with operations all over Europe.
- Training and supporting the senior management team of a global lighting business to go beyond Lean tools and initiatives to a sustainable lean management system.
- Supporting an implementation team to setup a European and a Far Eastern central services finance function.
- Saved over €35m in product cost through 3P (Production Preparation Process) workshops across, design, logistics, service and production for a global leader in “green” energy.