Until joining Catalyst in 2013, Linda worked in the Process Excellence team at Aegon, one of the world’s largest life insurance and pensions companies with 2 million customers in the UK and 3000 UK based staff out of a worldwide organisation based across 20 countries with 27,000 employees.
Aegon embraced Lean Six Sigma for the following reasons as quoted from a presentation given by Linda’s team at a Catalyst Deployment network event:
- Requirement to greatly improve the way we deliver change and increase a self sufficient capability
- LSS will enable us to become efficient at delivering both small and large change
- Create a culture and language for change across the business
- It places the customer at the heart of everything that we do
- Creates a data driven, delivery focused environment
- To empower employees and embed a capability to deliver small initiatives across the business
As part of the process excellence team, Linda provided expert support to improvement project teams working across the business. Her focus is always on excellent stakeholder support, communications and using practical set of tools to achieve end to end process improvement.
Linda is a brilliant communicator, an excellent trainer and a highly effective consultant who engages at all levels but in particular working with grass roots teams in facilitating change.
Since joining Catalyst, Linda has delivered Green and Yellow Belt training for a number of clients including Telefonica, Hibu, Prologis, and Sage. Linda has also supported a major roll out of Continuous Improvement based on Lean Six Sigma at QVC including training over 100 practitioners, providing on site coaching and support to a wide variety of teams working on different projects including a large call centre and QVC’s main distribution centre in the UK.
Linda qualified in Health and Social Care in Glasgow Caledonian University with additional qualifications in Financial Planning before moving into the world of Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement