Rob is a highly experienced continuous improvement practitioner, with over 20 years experience working in a variety of industrial sectors and organisations. Specialising in Lean Six Sigma since 2001 Rob rapidly gained his Master Black Belt certification through supply chain and procurement projects at Caterpillar Inc. Rob gained a reputation as an excellent and respected trainer across all disciplines of LSS, treating each training delegate as an individual, listening to their issues or questions and tailoring responses to their specific situation. Rob continues this approach today but now working across all industrial sectors and many more organisations.
- At Caterpillar Rob personally delivered projects with over $1.5m benefit and coached over 60 Black Belts across Europe to realise over $95m in benefit.
- Engaged by a large UK bank, Rob managed a programme of 9 interconnected projects, each with their own project team to understand their end to end recruitment, induction and employment process across their UK contact centres. The result was the identification of numerous process issues which
- were causing the high attrition rate with new employees.
- As a young buyer at Jaguar Cars, Rob developed a simple spreadsheet to record and report the development cost of components across his buying team, allowing virtually instant management information vs the formal systems which were normally 6-8 weeks behind reality.
- National Grid Metering Contracted Rob to support their new deployment with 25 green belts. They delivered over £0.5m savings through overcoming frequent organisational challenges.
- Managed the commercial relationship and technical communication for one of the most complex, costly, safety critical and longest lead time assemblies across all Jaguar models, including 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers. The products were managed from concept through development and production to any warranty issues.
- Working with Catalyst Consulting since 2008 Rob has trained over 300 green belts and 100 black belts through the open training courses in Stratford upon Avon and central London, and also in-house course many with bespoke requirements.
- Rob has delivered Catalyst training courses at all levels many clients and supported many with project coaching too. Clients include; Food Standards Agency, Heart of Birmingham Health Authority, G4S Cash services, Interserve Construction, Baringa Partners (consultancy), Roke Manor Research, Arqiva, National Grid, Science and Technology Facilities Council, Co-op Financial Services, Virgin Media, Aegon, British Transport Police and many more.
Rob gained a BSc (hons) from Trent University Nottingham in 1990 in Industrial Studies where he first became aware of the Toyota Production System (now know simply as ‘Lean’) and also first introduced to Minitab statistical software in which he now trains others to use.
Rob lives in the East Midlands with his young family and is an active member of the local community, especially though Scouting where he has lead the growth of the local group to become one of the largest and most active in Leicestershire, giving young people a wide range of opportunities and skills for life to complement their formal education. When time allows, Rob will be found trying to sail on a local reservoir or tackling wildlife on the allotment.