The EFQM Excellence Model ® with its enablers and results is at the heart of Catalyst Consulting. It is the generally accepted framework for Business Excellence in Europe and many other parts of the globe. The principles and values provide a best practice framework against which organisations can review leadership and management capability, and the results delivered.
Catalyst Consulting has been helping organisations apply the Excellence Model for many years, including assisting several European and UK Quality Award winners. We enable leadership teams to review and discuss how they currently lead and manage their organisation against the framework and criteria of the model. This helps identify strengths and areas for improvement leading to the development of prioritised actions that link to the organisation’s strategic business plans.
Our two day facilitated workshop is aimed at the Senior Executive Leadership team – or sometimes the wider team including some of their direct reports. It helps break down functional barriers and ensures the entire Leadership team share a common understanding and purpose. It is particularly useful to undertake just ahead of the organisation’s annual business planning cycle.
Other Business Excellence services include:
- Assistance with formal award applications whether for European, national or local awards
- Integration of Lean Six Sigma and Business Excellence approaches within an holistic Continuous Improvement context
- A number of the Catalyst team are accredited as EFQM Award Assessors for both the BQF and EFQM and in addition Rita Green is a Licensed EFQM Advisor
Working with the EFQM Excellence Model
We can clearly distinguish two parallel streams that organisations use to drive Sustainable Results – Direction (creating the organisation’s purpose, vision, strategy and culture) and Execution (driving performance and transformation by implementing the strategy through processes whilst actively engaging with stakeholders). Both link to two of our core competences of helping organisations to improve performance and to manage change.
- In the first stream, Leadership develops the purpose and strategy along with the culture of the organisation to create the right Direction through how the business is organised and what constitutes its products/services
- In the second stream, Leadership supports the Execution of the strategy through how processes are designed, improved and operated working collaboratively with the organisation’s stakeholders or Value Stream.
- Underpinning both is Change Management – the principles, tools and techniques to provide the best practice approach to improving how people and customers/stakeholders are influenced to deliver sustainable Results.