What do GE, Roche, Barclays, Sainsbury’s, O2, AEGON, Dyson, Volvo and Rolls Royce have in common? Like many of today′s most successful companies they′ve gained an unbeatable competitive edge using Lean Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma for Dummies covers everything you need to get started.
This best-selling guide written by Catalyst Consulting’s John Morgan and Martin Brenig-Jones is now in it’s 3rd edition. The book explains in simple terms the key concepts of this remarkable performance and quality improvement method. It also includes lots of powerful Lean Six Sigma tools for making it happen.
The book covers the following concepts:
- Know your customers: zero in on your customers and their varying needs and use that information to form the basis of your process measurements and improvements
- X–ray your processes: find out how to draw a map that will give you a clear picture of the processes you use to meet your customers′ needs
- Gather key data: learn a five-step approach to collecting important data about your processes, along with techniques for interpreting it and presenting it in actionable form
- Unclog your pipes: identify and tackle bottlenecks in your processes and improve process flows so that things get done better, faster and with less effort
- Measure twice, cut once: learn one of the most basic and powerful Lean Six Sigma process improvement methods: DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control)
- Transform your organisation: learn, step–by–step, how to implement Lean Six Sigma throughout your organisation – with tips on changing how your people think and behave
This book should be compulsory reading for anyone wishing to improve the performance of their organisation. Be warned, achieving the full potential of Lean Six Sigma is likely to demand some changes to the way the organisation is managed and how things are done – but the remarkable results will ensure that it’s worth your while.
Joe Goasdoué, ex Chief Executive, British Quality Foundation
Lean Six Sigma for Dummies is available on Amazon.
Find out more
- Find out more about Lean Six Sigma
- See our range of Lean Six Sigma training courses
- Attend our free webinar delivered by the authors
Also available: Lean Six Sigma Business Transformation for Dummies